Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Round-Up

I can't believe it's Monday already, but at least it's a holiday week! I'm looking forward to having 2 Thanksgivings this year and working Black Friday. I know, I'm crazy, but it's my favorite day to work.

Saturday I did some cleaning around the house. We've lived here for over a year and we still have boxes in our office, so I worked on getting some of those emptied and out of here. The office is our smallest bedroom, so it's nice to have some more room in here.

Sunday I saw that Old Navy was having sale - 75% off all adult sweaters from 12 to 5. When I worked retail, I always missed out on these great sales because I had to work. So, I decided that since I could do it, I'd be brave and head over there. The crowd actually wasn't too bad and they did have a few sweaters left in my size. I tried on four different ones and ended up buying one. I paid less than $10 for it and used a gift card, so no money out of my pocket! 

This is the sweater I got. It's originally $36. I think it looks great with jeans or khakis for work.

Speaking of work, this week there are only 2 school days so I'm not planning on being called. (Obviously I didn't get called today.) So I asked the store if there was any chance of getting some hours and I get to work tomorrow. I'm excited by this because I could use the money and I really have missed some of my coworkers so it'll be nice to see them again.

Plus, the store is near the grocery store so I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and do my grocery shopping tomorrow. I just need to pick up a few supplies for the Thanksgiving dishes I'm making. We're doing Thursday with my mom and my brother's family and then Friday after work we're doing it with my in-laws.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment