Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Round-Up: Thanksgiving and Black Friday

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving and a good weekend. We ended up having 2 Thanksgivings this year, which was actually quite fun.

Thanksgiving #1 happened on Thursday. We had dinner at my mom's with her and my youngest brother's family. My brother deep fried the turkey, which I've never tried before, so I was looking forward to that. It was very tasty! The turkey was moist and the skin was crispy, which I love.

After dinner, we shared Christmas lists and talked to my other brother who called from Washington. He's an air traffic controller, so he was working later that day.

M and I also had my mom take some pictures of us. I wasn't going to do picture Christmas cards because we don't have any pictures together from this year. (We seriously fail at taking pictures together.) But, I got a code for some free cards and I couldn't pass that up!

Here's an outtake from our little photo shoot. I really need to teach my mom how to take pictures.

I did love my outfit though, it was very preppy and bright. And I was having a good hair day. I did the no heat curls the night before and they turned out really well this time.

Of course, we had to head home and get to bed early on Thursday. We ended up sleeping from 6pm to 10pm, so it was really more of a nap than actually going to bed.

We both worked from 11:30 pm Thursday to 11:30am Friday. It was long and by the end, I was tired, but it was fun. I am definitely ready to be done working Black Friday though. Most of the customers were great and I think everything went pretty smoothly at our store.

I did pick up a few things before we left. I couldn't pass up a great deal on flannel sheets and I got a couple Christmas presents for a good deal.

We then headed up to M's sister's for Thanksgiving #2 with his family. I ended up sleeping the whole way there even though I swear I had just closed my eyes and we were there. I also wound up napping on the couch while dinner was being made...oops!

Dinner #2 was pretty traditional and tasty. We played some games and watched The King's Speech afterwards (I LOVE that movie!) and had some pumpkin pie before heading home.

Over the weekend, M and I took it easy and stayed home. We were both feeling sick so we slept a lot and managed to put out most of the Christmas decor and get the tree up. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect tree skirt and topper.

How was your weekend? Score any good deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I went into the Mishawaka Kohl's at around 1am and it was CRAZY in there. I walked out and went back at like 6. There was no one there then - it was kind of creepy.

    ReplyDelete